Monday, January 30, 2012

Lazy blogger...

So there, I've admitted it. I've turned into quite the lazy blogger, but I do have some valid excuses. 2012 is off to a running start in the Waters household and it doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon, unfortunately. Right now I'm sitting here, looking back and trying to figure out where the heck January has gone. But, I guess, time never slows down and we just have to go with it. So, here's what has been going on in our lives since 2012 hit:

-We bought *NEW* couches! They're so shiny, perfect and beautiful- We love them! They are brown, leather couches from LayZBoy. They're very practical and will last us a long time. It's probably the first big purchase we've made as a married couple and it was kind of stressful. Lyle and I are both very opinionated people and it was a challenge to come to a joint decision, but we did, and it was the right one.

-Next, I started back to grad school January 18th. I'm back in the grind with my online program at Gonzaga University. I am scheduled to graduate in May 2013, so only 1 more year to go! Mark my words- when I finish this time I AM DONE. No more school because it's exhausting. I'm enjoying my classes but finding it hard to focus because I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

-We've been doing more small renovations on the house. We hired a local painting business by the name of A to Z Painting to paint the upstairs of our house. The upstairs has very high ceilings and there was no way we were going to be able to do it, so we hired it done. A to Z was awesome!!! Carol, the owner, came out, gave us an estimate and they were there painting within the next couple of days. She even had suggestions for paint colors that would work and the walls turned out perfect!

-Also, we had Lyle's uncle Doug replace our back stairs for us because the previous stairs were over 150+ years old. They were so old the nails they removed out of the stairs were square shaped! The stairs were beginning to crack and worried us so we got them replaced. He used solid oak for our new stairs and they look (and smell) awesome!

I think we're finally done for a while with projects around the house. Our patience and pocketbook is wearing thin! The first couple of months of marriage has definitely been interesting and eventful. I can't wait to see what the rest of our lives has to hold.

Thanks for reading! I promise to be a better blogger in 2012 :)

Cayla

No comments:

Post a Comment